Need Cash for College or Trade School?
We have three of them for you.
#1 MGE/Basin Scholarship
Moreau-Grand Electric offers scholarships every year to eligible graduating high school seniors or first time attendees at an institution of higher education.
Applications are judged on the basis of grades, ACT or SAT test scores, work experience, school activities, volunteer community service and an essay question. Deadline is January 20, 2020
To be eligible you must:
- Be a graduating high school senior or first-time attendee at an institution of higher education.
- Plan to be a full-time student in an accredited college or vocational technical school this fall.
- Be a dependent of a Moreau-Grand Electric member.
- Have a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA.
- Provide a written recommendation from a teacher, administrator or counselor.
- One winner per family/per year.
#2 Director's Scholarship
The Board of Directors have made the decision to donate a portion of their compensation to a student within each of the 5 districts. This means Moreau-Grand Electric will be offering $2500 worth of scholarships to 5 area students!
The Directors Scholarship Application is currently closed. Will be available September 2020.
#3 Resource Conservation Speech Contest
$2300 in scholarships sponsored by the Touchstone Energy Cooperatives of South Dakota. Download a brochure and application here. Deadline is March 28, 2020.
Each year the South Dakota Department of Agriculture, Resource Conservation and Forestry Division sponsors a resource conservation-oriented speech contest. Any SD student in grades 9-12 is eligible to enter. This includes public, private, and home-school students.
The contest consists of three levels - local, area, and state. Two winners from each of the local contests advance to area contests. Two winners from each of the seven area contests advance to the state competition.
- First Place: $1,100 Scholarship
- Second Place: $750 Scholarship
- Third Place: $450 Scholarship
East River and Rushmore Electric Power Cooperatives and South Dakota Rural Electric Association present the winners with scholarships to be used at any college, university, or accredited vocational technical school within South Dakota. Other co-sponsors include the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service and the South Dakota Association of Conservation Districts.
How to Enter
You may also contact the Resource Conservation and Forestry Division by calling 605.773.3623.